Total Years Experience :5 to 10 years
Text Area Field:8h30am-5pm
Qualifications:Certificate, Diploma, Degree Bachelor, Medical
This posting will solely be used to recruit interns for classified positions (i.e. clerical/secretarial, etc..), but will not be used to recruit for certificated internships (i.e.teachers, psychologists, registered nurse, etc).
Under direct supervision of the department supervisor, the intern is assigned to work on various projects approximately twenty (20) hours per week; handles projects designed to be a working and learning experience in any of several fields. The nature of the work is dependent upon the department to which the intern is assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from high school or equivalent and current enrollment in six or more units towards an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field related to the area of assignment.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid California class “C” Driver License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
KNOWLEDGE OF (Typically learned through formal training or education):
- Basic elements of proper English usage.
- Principles of providing excellent customer service.
- Proper emergency protocol.
- Basic research and statistical research methods and techniques.
- Standard office procedures, methods and computer equipment, including applicable computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, and statistical databases.
SKILL TO (Typically attained through formal training or practice):
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Operate modern office equipment including computers, copying machines and phone systems.
- Collect, compile, analyze, and interpret statistical data.
- Learn software applications as assigned.
- Prioritize work and meet deadlines with many interruptions.
ABILITY TO (Typically a personal quality attained without formal training, education, or practice):
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Use tact, patience, and courtesy when engaging with others.
- Plan, organize, prioritize, and schedule work.
- Cooperate with others and work as a member of a team.
Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of items (5 to 25 pounds); or driving an automobile to conduct work. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
The environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting and training rooms, libraries, and school sites or public events.
Examples of Duties:
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this classification, and are not to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of responsibilities and qualifications required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations will be made so that qualified employees can perform the essential duties of the job.
GENERAL ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Assists in the preparation of reports by compiling, analyzing, and summarizing data from a wide variety of sources (timesheets, budgets, student records, etc.) in order to support the departments’ goals and objectives.
- Responds to a variety of inquiries (phone calls, e-mails, etc.) from the public and District staff for the purpose of gathering and conveying information.
- Enters data for a variety of electronic files and records (student information, employee information, budget data, etc.) in order to maintain up-to-date information in accordance with established administrative and legal guidelines.
- Communicates with other department personnel (e.g. purchasing, payroll, transportation, etc.) for the purpose of coordinating activities, resolving issues and conflicts, and exchanging information.
- Performs general clerical functions (e.g. copying, faxing, filing, etc.) for the purpose of supporting office operations.
- Reviews documents (reports, spreadsheets, etc.) for the purpose of proofreading in order to identify and correct errors.
- Assists in the coordination of a variety of events (meetings, programs, initiatives, etc.) for the purpose of delivering services in a timely fashion.
- Participates in workshops and trainings in order to learn and disseminate new information.
- Procures supplies and materials (e.g. office supplies, teaching supplies, technology, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining availability of necessary items.
- Works on special projects as assigned; Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recruitment Type:Open – Anyone can apply.
All applications must be submitted online. Applications and requests for testing will not be accepted after the recruitment closing date and time. Applicants may be rejected on the basis of an incomplete application or failure to meet minimum qualifications. The application is part of the selection process and is part of an overall assessment of acceptability for employment. All information provided is subject to independent verification of its accuracy. It is the responsibility of the applicant to provide correct contact information by which to be notified.
Note: You will eventually be disqualified in the recruitment process if you fail to disclose relevant information regarding your conviction history. It is the disclosure of the conviction that is most important in many cases.
The screening process for this position, which may be subject to modification, will include some form of a(n): application screening, initial qualifications screening, documentation/certification screening, and supplemental application screening. The stated qualifications for the position represent only the minimum requirements and do not guarantee qualification for examination or placement on an eligibility list.
The examination may consist of any combination of a(n): training and experience (T&E) evaluation, written knowledge test, hands on/performance test, structured panel interview, situational judgement interview, or other type of exam of fitness for duty. All parts of the examination process are job related. A passing score must be attained on each portion of the exam to advance to the next stage and ultimate placement on an eligibility list.
Requests for reasonable accommodations for the testing process must be made no less than two (2) days prior to the examination. Requests must be signed by your medical doctor, school psychologist, or learning consultant as appropriate and must be on provider letterhead and contain an actual signature.
Protest of any part of the exam process must be in writing and submitted to the Personnel Director no later than five (5) working days from the date you participated in the exam. Any protest must include rationale to support the protest and shall include supporting documentation or references. Protests must be based on illegal discrimination, abuse of discretion, or procedure/process error. Protests should NOT be based on receiving unexpected results. We cannot be responsible for lost mail, misdirected mail, or failure of mail to be delivered after it has been entrusted to the U.S. Postal Service.
ESTABLISHMENT OF ELIGIBILITY
Candidates who are successful in all screening and testing stages will be placed on an eligibility list. Typically, an eligibility list for a classification expires after six (6) months or one (1) year. Candidates on the expired eligibility list are no longer considered for positions within the class. Eligibility lists may be extended beyond one year or expire sooner than one year. Eligibility lists may be merged, in which case candidate ranks may change.
Candidates on the eligibility list will be called in rank order to participate in final selection interviews with the hiring manager until three ranks of candidates have accepted the invitation to interview. Ranks may include ties so more than three candidates may be called to interview for one vacancy. Please note that candidates will be removed from the eligibility list for declining the invitation to interview more than three (3) times.
OFFERS OF EMPLOYMENT
Official offers of employment are ONLY made by the Anaheim Union High School District Human Resources, Classified Office. Offers are subject to satisfactory completion of ALL the pre-employment processing including: successful completion of a physical examination, tuberculosis examination, fingerprint clearance by the California Department of Justice, and proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
ADVANCED STEP PLACEMENT
All new regular classified employees shall be paid in accordance with the salary range established for the class to which assigned. Initial placement will normally be the first step of the salary range. However, a new employee may receive advanced step placement with an approval from Human Resources. Requests for advanced step must be submitted in writing to the Human Resources office before the employee’s first day of work. Approval will be based on the following criteria:
A) Additional qualifying experience beyond that required for entry into the class.
B) Additional education at the college level when related to the position, beyond the established educational requirements for entry into the class.
C) Evidence of currently receiving a salary greater than the first step of the salary for the classification.
Benefits earned by all permanent classified employees:
Sick leave, holidays, bereavement and emergency leaves.
Classified employees are members of the Public Employees Retirement System (PERS). Employee contribution is 7% of gross earnings.
Benefits earned by all permanent classified employees working 20 hours or more per week:
The District provides medical, dental, vision care, behavioral health and life insurance for the employees and their dependents.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY DISTRICT
Anaheim Union High School District prohibits unlawful discrimination against, and/or harassment of, District employees and job applicants on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, sex, or sexual orientation at a District site or activity.
The provisions of this bulletin do not constitute an expressed or implied contract. Any provisions of this bulletin may be modified or revoked, and the job description may be changed at any time without notice.
FOR FURTHER JOB INFORMATION ABOUT THE ANAHEIM UNION HIGH SCHOOL DISTRICT, PLEASE GO ONLINE TO WWW.AUHSD.USAnaheim Union High School District – 30+ days ago – save job – original jobreport jobApply NowApply On Company SiteSave this job
Intern jobs in CaliforniaIntern salaries in CaliforniaCompany InfoFollowGet job updates from Anaheim Union High School DistrictAnaheim Union High School District39 reviewsThe Anaheim Union High School District (AUHSD) is a public school district serving portions of the Orange County cities of Anaheim, Buena…Let employers find youThousands of employers search for candidates on IndeedUpload your resume
- Address: Leoncio Prado, Huánuco 10001, Peru
- Experience Level : Director